Rotary Year 2006–2007
Roland N.V. Haga
1. Developed and promoted a membership recruitment plan to achieve a net increase membership of new members . Promoted "Ask a Guest to Lunch” where each member was to invite 5 people to lunch throughout the year to promoted membership.
2. Developed and Implemented a Literacy Program including; 1. The Dictionary distribution to 3rd and 6th Graders in local schools; 2. The Kindergarten Take Home Book Program for Redwood City School District and; 3. Participated with the Project Read Program.
3. Implemented a Matching Grant Program for A Clean Water Project with the Sichil Mission Hospital in Zambia Africa. Participated in a Water Project with the Rotary Club of Menlo Park for the two villages of Rio Blanco and Choatulum, Guatemala.
4. Developed and implemented five (5) President's Fellowship events throughout the year of 2006-2007 to promoted fellowship and a chance to get to know clubs members and their significant others. Celebrated and recognized Bob Rutherford of over 29 years of outstanding and invaluable services as a member Rotary Club of Redwood City and recognized Bill Conklin for 30 years of outstanding and invaluable services as a member Rotary Club of Redwood City.
5. Our Club Developed and implemented a Rotary publicity and educational program by sponsoring the Museum Exhibit featuring:
• The Clubs of District 5150 "Service above Self - 100 years of Rotary" at the San Mateo County Historical Museum in Redwood City CA form May 2007 through October 2007. Over 20 Clubs from District 5150 will participate in this Museum exhibit. Recognized Rod Carpenter for his services in Chairing Service above Self – 100 years of Rotary project.
Board of Directors
- Carlos Bolanos
- Carol Ebner
- Judy Cooper
- Ruth Ann Gardner
- Barbara Bonilla
- Rosanne Foust
- Sam Dafnis
- Karen Krueger